Family Law Vienna
“My experience with Paul as my attorney was exceptional. His advice was top-notch, and he came prepared to zealously argue my case. I am convinced that it was because he represented me that I was able to win my case. He saved me from years of headaches down the road; I will be forever grateful for that.”
– Aaron A.
People turn to TATE BYWATER as their family attorneys for a variety of reasons. Some might have had us recommended to them by a friend who has dealt with divorce in Virginia before, while others might be in need of a local child custody lawyer and were able to find us online. Still others might have typed into their smartphones something to the effect of “divorce lawyers near me”, upon which our TATE BYWATER website populated.
However you found us, we are glad you have. Our Family attorneys of Fairfax and Prince William Counties are experienced in bringing our clients positive outcomes regarding child custody battles, divorces, and child and spousal support. We are dedicated to our clients in a way that they truly understand and feel; our efforts are focused on bringing you a result that helps you sleep well at night. As Aaron has attested above, we take time to understand our clients’ priorities and formulate a strategy based on your desires. We are happy to provide our clients with advice based on our experience and expertise in the matter, but at the end of the day, we will go to bat for you with everything we’ got. That’s part of the TATE BYWATER difference.
Since 1972, we’ve been providing the good folks of Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia with exceptional legal counsel. Our long-standing history is a testament to that fact; businesses of any kind don’t thrive for nearly half of a century by mere coincidence. Whether we are your divorce attorney or you are in need of a family attorney for another purpose like child and spousal support, we are here for you to lean on. For some of our clients, we understand that the preservation of familial relationships is equally important to you as getting a positive outcome in your case or lawsuit. And while no two cases are ever the same, you can count on us to skillfully defend your position should the case go to trial. Regardless of the particulars, we give you the reigns while working toward our predetermined goals.
Our Family Law Services
One of the most common family law services undoubtedly revolves around divorce, custody, and support. Having a Fairfax divorce lawyer like Nader Hasan or Bob Fredericks can make a significant impact on the eventual outcome because of their outstanding reputation within the local legal community. We understand how difficult of a time this can be for all parties, and often times it seems like getting a child custody attorney or even a divorce attorney involved in the first place only contributes to the mess of things. At TATE BYWATER, we strive to act as an extension of your wishes and hopes for the case. Whether we are discussing property division or alimony, we are usually able to resolve most of our cases without going to trial. That can make a difference when it comes to the eventual outcome of close, long-term relationships.
- Uncontested Divorce – spouses agree on all points and a trial is not required to determine allocation of assets. Neither is the court deemed necessary to determine spousal or child support or custody. Uncontested divorces typically take less time and are less financially strenuous than a contested divorce. If you are in need of an uncontested divorce lawyer in Virginia, reach out to us for your free consultation at TATE BYWATER.
- Contested Divorce – When the parties are unable to agree, this is known as a contested divorce. Parties can disagree about both the terms of the divorce and the prospect of getting a divorce in the first place. Examples of divorce terms which are often points of contention include child custody, child support, alimony, allocation of debts, division of assets, and others. It is possible for a couple to begin the process as a contested divorce, but are able to reach agreement on terms without having to go to trial. If that is a chief priority for you, Tate Bywater will work arduously to help make this goal a reality. The intricacies of a contested divorce are complex and are best faced with professional legal counsel.
- Child and Spousal Support – TATE BYWATER is a family law practice that can assist you in support matters. We are nearby divorce lawyers who can help in a variety of cases. Perhaps you and your spouse have been separated but you find yourself in need of financial support. It might be the case that you are required to pay support but would like advice about specific circumstances regarding your current agreement. Whatever the case may be, our divorce attorneys are skilled and experienced regarding support matters like collection of support arrearages, modification of support awards, and the establishment of initial support awards.
- We are child custody lawyers who can handle any kind of situation that might be thrown at us. Situations like beginning a divorce, establishment of custody, and visitation arrangements are all routinely handled by our family law firm. But let’s be clear; simply because we are experienced, it does not follow that we will take your case as anything other than seriously. We work day and night with any child custody and visitation issues with which you are faced. Whether you are a mother, father, grandparent, or another relative, allow us to litigate and negotiate on your behalf.
We are proud to offer the following additional family law services:
- Contempt and enforcement proceedings
- Domestic violence and restraining orders
- Legal name changes
- Adoption Separation Agreements
- Marital Separation Agreements
- Paternity matters
- Qualified Domestic Relation Orders (QDRO)
Call TATE BYWATER Today!
If you are ready to take the next step toward getting your desired solution, give the experts with nearly a half-century of experience a call today. We can offer you a free consultation so that you can determine if we are the local family law firm you would like to represent you.